Religious Quote: Joseph Ratzinger

A just laicism allows religious freedom. The state does not impose religion but rather gives space to religions with a responsibility toward civil society, and therefore it allows these religions to be factors in building up society.
Joseph Ratzinger

Not all moral issues have the same moral weight as abortion and euthanasia. There may be legitimate diversity of opinion even among Catholics about waging war and applying the death penalty, but not... with regard to abortion and euthanasia.
Joseph Ratzinger

Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the church is often labeled today as fundamentalism. Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along by every wind of teaching, look like the only attitude acceptable to today's standards.
Joseph Ratzinger

The wrath of God is a way of saying that I have been living in a way that is contrary to the love that is God. Anyone who begins to live and grow away from God, who lives away from what is good, is turning his life toward wrath.
Joseph Ratzinger

To me, its seems necessary to rediscover - and the energy to do so exists - that even the political and economic spheres need moral responsibility, a responsibility that is born in man's heart and, in the end, has to do with the presence or absence of God.
Joseph Ratzinger

The Cross is the approbation of our existence, not in words, but in an act so completely radical that it caused God to become flesh and pierced this flesh to the quick; that, to God, it was worth the death of his incarnate Son.
Joseph Ratzinger

We are moving toward a dictatorship of relativism which does not recognize anything as for certain and which has as its highest goal one's own ego and one's own desires.
Joseph Ratzinger

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/j/josephratz189006.html

Joseph Ratzinger

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My Uncle Keith: From Human to Ashes and the Man I Once Knew

Author’s Note: My saddest memory contains some phrases that might make you cry so don’t be afraid to cry. This was the saddest and most recent part of one of my family members dying.

        When one of my family members die, my heart just drops. Recently, September 12, 2011, my uncle or my dad’s brother Keith Andes, just died of Hypertension in his heart. When I was on my way to piano lessons, we got a call from my dad’s sister saying that my uncle was dead. He died laying in his bed with a book in his hand with his eyes closed. I asked my parents what was wrong and my dad announced that his brother was dead. My aunt Kathy, the one that called, said that they were going to have a funeral in Arizona. Arizona is where my uncle lived and he had a beautiful home. After my family and I talked, my parents called and cancelled my piano lesson and went to go see my dad’s mom. I went inside the house and my sister Angela asked, “Why aren’t you guys at piano?” When I told her that my dad’s brother died, she was astounded by tone of voice and that it happened unexpectedly. My uncle Keith was very healthy, he had nothing wrong with him and we still can’t find out how he got hypertension in his heart. If you don’t know what hypertension is in the heart, it is chronically elevated blood pressure. To find out what hypertension in the heart is go to http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/162449-overview. This was the most saddest part of my life because I never really knew him. I remember him but only with images. I got really sad and my dad was a tough cookie because the most saddest part was that it was his littlest brother. That is when my heart really sank. I would be devastated if my sister died because I can’t do anything without her.
    Later on, sometime in September, my parents and about half of my dad’s side of the family went to Arizona for my uncle’s funeral. They were gone for about 4 days and my sister and I stayed at my Grandma’s. When my parents got back I asked them if my mom or my dad cried and my mom said, “Yeah we both cried and your dad did a little bit.” I felt so bad and I went up and hugged my dad. He felt better feeling my warm hug. I was about to burst into tears to because my Uncle Keith was only 40. He was really young and now I will never be able to really meet him. I would love to meet with him 1 more time.
    Just recently, my dad’s mom called and said that she wanted some of my Uncle’s ashes. When some people burned his body, a man asked if anyone wanted some of his ashes. No one volunteered until December 1st, 2011 or some where around there. Having your little brothers ashes would be a memory to me of the man that I once knew and now lost.

3 comments:

  1. Your story is very touching and I'm sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your voice really shined it this piece, and your emotions came through. This piece was very relatable, and I loved how you had some research involved. The only thing I would say would be involve some of your goals, and what to take note of in your authors note. Otherwise keep it up:)

    ReplyDelete