Religious Quote: Joseph Ratzinger

A just laicism allows religious freedom. The state does not impose religion but rather gives space to religions with a responsibility toward civil society, and therefore it allows these religions to be factors in building up society.
Joseph Ratzinger

Not all moral issues have the same moral weight as abortion and euthanasia. There may be legitimate diversity of opinion even among Catholics about waging war and applying the death penalty, but not... with regard to abortion and euthanasia.
Joseph Ratzinger

Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the church is often labeled today as fundamentalism. Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along by every wind of teaching, look like the only attitude acceptable to today's standards.
Joseph Ratzinger

The wrath of God is a way of saying that I have been living in a way that is contrary to the love that is God. Anyone who begins to live and grow away from God, who lives away from what is good, is turning his life toward wrath.
Joseph Ratzinger

To me, its seems necessary to rediscover - and the energy to do so exists - that even the political and economic spheres need moral responsibility, a responsibility that is born in man's heart and, in the end, has to do with the presence or absence of God.
Joseph Ratzinger

The Cross is the approbation of our existence, not in words, but in an act so completely radical that it caused God to become flesh and pierced this flesh to the quick; that, to God, it was worth the death of his incarnate Son.
Joseph Ratzinger

We are moving toward a dictatorship of relativism which does not recognize anything as for certain and which has as its highest goal one's own ego and one's own desires.
Joseph Ratzinger

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/j/josephratz189006.html

Joseph Ratzinger

Friday, December 9, 2011

From Little Kids to Growing Up

Author’s Note:  Growing up is a difficult task for parents. This story/ essay will be sad for some parents. This is about growing up and what we want to be.

    Growing up is a very difficult part for the parents. To parents, it seems like just yesterday that their child was sitting in the high chair drinking out of their sippy cup and now their child is all grown up. My mom keeps asking me and I do the same to myself, “What do you want to be when you grow up?” I tell her I want to do all sorts of things. There are probably over 10 things that I want to be when I grow up. I can’t wait until I am older because I get to drive and have my own credit card. Another good reason is I would use the credit card to go to college and pay for my own car. The sad part about growing up is when you go to college, you have to leave your family or when you get married you move out of the house. As a poet once said, “Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is growing up by James Baldwin. Growing up is an exciting part of my life because I can go on fantastic adventures like hiking the Himalayas or opening a bake shop but the sad part is I sometimes forget my childhood and I think to myself, wow, my childhood is now over and I am all grown up. Its the end of my childhood and its all in my past.
    When I grow up, my favorite thing is to open some shops. I would love to open a bakers shop, a jewelry shop, a gift store and a lot more shops. My #1 shop that I would like to open up is a bakers shop because I love to bake. Whenever I get the opportunity to cook for my family, I ask my mom and she says, “Go for it!” Sometimes I just bake for the fun of it. I would love to open a bake shop because it is a fun family activity and I sometimes do it when I am bored. What inspired me to become a baker was on a TV show called Cake Boss. Cake Boss is my favorite cooking show. The owner of the shop really inspired me to open a bake shop of my own and become a baker. Baking is one of my biggest dreams and I would love to open a bake shop with my family.
    Secondly, when I grow up, my biggest goal is to become a professional trumpet player and basketball player. I have been playing basketball for about 5 years and have learned a lot. Basketball is my passion. It runs in my family. My mom played it, my grandma played it, my sister and my dad did as well. When I get older, I would love to teach little kids and be a coach as much as I want to be a professional women’s basketball player. I would also love to be a professional musician on the trumpet. Same thing with basketball, I would love to be a trumpet player and teach other kids that even though I like sports, life is not all about playing JUST sports. Everyone needs music in their lives. People think, “Oh, life is just all about playing sports and nothing else.” Music changes a lot of people. Just remember that life is not all about sports and winning but everyone needs to have music inside them.
    There are a lot more things that I would like to be when I grow up but these were the main ones. Getting older is a very important part in my life that I am really looking forward to. Doing all these jobs would make my life amazing but I would love to do them with my family. I couldn’t have any of these dreams without my family. They have helped me through difficult times and lead me to the right path. I know that my future is bright and so is my family’s and when I grow up, I might forget the childhood that is now done. It is all in my past.

No comments:

Post a Comment